Friday, September 19, 2008

I Have my Standards!

I woke up this morning with the article The Curse of the Standard Bearers in my email box. I skimmed through the words because from the title I thought it was going to be some whiny tome on how parents must have more standards, a word I have come to hate along with its twin character. Many of you know that I will shun almost anything touted to develop character in my children especially if it includes definitions. What I really want my children to have is the fruit of the Spirit and I do not think this is splitting hairs. Interesting enough, I cannot give my children the fruit of the Spirit so it changes my tactics drastically.

Almost every dysfunctional homeschooling family I have met, including sometimes my own, trips over the standard-bearer stone. Wives fall down over this one big-time. I have always said that Gothard families typically have a strong wife and weak husband. The wife uses spiritual blackmail to control her husband and her children. After all if she takes the moral high ground first he is left with a weak fighting position. I have written at least two posts on this subject before. This error is just so subtil (spelling error intentional). After all, if I am right, I am right, right?

Gestapo Homeschooling Moms

Gestapo Homeschooling Moms, Part 2

No comments: