Friday, September 19, 2008

Morning Time Plans: August 2007

MORNING TIME PLANS
August 200


Artist:

Da Vinci


Composer:
Downloaded from Eclassical
Rimsky-Korsakov

The above is the exact file I downloaded. I plan to just have it playing every morning for a while, offer some introductory information and that is all for now. Later I will try to come back and discuss the selections more fully with the children.


Folk Song:
Go Get an Ax
Star of the County Down

Shakespeare:
King Henry VIII

If you are paying attention you may notice that this was our play from last term. For the sake of honesty let me now admit with 2 weddings and a husband working out of town and a few more things besides, there never really was a last term. It happens. All the more reason to make hay while the sun shines. Which reminds me, it is going to be in the 100's all this week. I am so thankful for air conditioning. If you walk outside your breath gets sucked away.

Plutarch:
Demetrius


Ambleside Online is my source for the above selections.

Prayer Request:


Bible:

The Book of Life
Continue from where we last left off. I just read a page or two a day.

Bitesized Theology
Great for discussion.

I am adding back in the reading of one Proverb daily since I am not satisfied that my younger children have absorbed as many Proverbs as my older children.


Review M-F:

II Timothy 2:5

Psalm 139

Hebrews 11:1-6


Psalm 4:4-8


Psalm150

Hymn Singing

Note: As the year goes along I am going to switch gears on our hymn singing to incorporate our church bulletin. You know you are going to a good church when you put the bulletin in a binder every week.

New Song to Learn:
Tender Mercies


Songs to review: M-F

A Mighty Fortress

Alas and Did my Saviour Bleed

All Creatures of our God and King

All Glory Laud and Honor

All Hail the Power

Poetry:
The Second Coming Yeats

Review M-F:
Nobility

Solitude

Friends, Romans, Countrymen..

Awaken

The Fools Prayer


Misc. Memory

To re-learn:
The Nicene Creed

Review M-F:
Planets

Give me Liberty

President's Bee

President's Bee

Planets

Reading Aloud:


English Lit for Boys and Girls


Gombrich's A Little History of the World


Fiction:

The Rose of Paradise Howard Pyle This might possibly be the rarest book I own and it come highly recommended by the Bluedorns.



Ambleside Time:


Slow and steady wins the race. Yes, these are the same books we were reading last year.

*Viking Tales
*Poetry
*My Book House
*Little Pilgrim's Progress


I know I have many new readers and I always get lots of questions whenever I post one of these. I don't mind at all answering questions but there is already a vast amount of info in my archives about this subject. Much of this list will stay the same through the whole term but the review work changes each week.

No comments: